FOURTH-ANNUAL FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR SUMMIT
Oct. 21, 2015 | 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Venue: Cleveland Public Auditorium and Conference Center
7:30 a.m. | Pitch Competitor Registration
8 – 10:00 a.m. | Pitch Coaching Session
Pitch coaching session facilitated by KSU pitch coaches. Fifty to 60 attendees selected from a pool of applicants will be split into five to six intimate groups for this coaching session. Applications to participate in the pitch coaching session/competition must be submitted prior to the event.
- Brian Bowles, CEO of Blackwolf Tactical and Kent State University student start-up mentor
- Craig Zamary, serial entrepreneur and faculty member at Kent State University
- Denise Easterling, CPA, serial entrepreneur and faculty member at Kent State University
- Mike Beder, Kent State University graduate and serial entrepreneur
- Mary Heidler, retail start-up specialist and faculty member at Kent State University
- Kipp Krukowski, serial entrepreneur and adjunct faculty member at Kent State University
8:00 – 9:00 a.m. | Continental Breakfast; Registration and Networking
9:00 – 9:15 a.m. | Opening Remarks and Sponsor Thank You’s
9:15 – 9:45 a.m. | Wake-Up Session
10:00 – 10:45 a.m. | Workshop 1: Social Media: Demystifying the Dark Side with:
- Michelle Rowley, marketing strategist, The Creative Edge
Workshop 2: Attracting & Retaining the “Right” Talent with:
- Lauren Rudman, manager of human resources, Erico, president, Cleveland Society for Human Resources
• How can a business owner or entrepreneur attract and retain the right talent to their organization?
• What are the ways to create or improve your talent attraction strategy, training efforts, development opportunities for high performers/potentials, and talent retention across your organization?
- Kristin Tull, president, Pradco
11:00 – 11:45 a.m. | Workshop 3: The Business Model Canvas
- Katie Van Dyke, director, Small Business Development Center, Cleveland State University
Fireside Chat: The Holistic Approach to Building a Winning Culture
- Rachel Talton, ceo, Synergy Marketing Strategy and Research Inc.
- Stacy Feiner, executive coach, author of “Talent Mindset: The Business Owner’s Guide to Building Bench Strength”
Noon – 1:15 p.m. | 2015 Small Business Convention and FES Keynote Luncheon | Introductions by:
- Renée DeLuca Dolan, president, Contempo Communications; publisher, CBC Magazine
- Steve Millard, president, COSE
Lunch and Keynote Speakers Q&A Session with:
1:30 – 2:30 p.m. | Panel Discussion: Entrepreneurship | Emerging, Striving, Thriving
- Dr. Robert Hisrich, associate dean for graduate and international programs, Kent State University
- Laura Bennett, ceo and co-owner, Embrace Pet Insurance
- Nancy Brown, co-owner, Ladies & Gentlemen Salon & Spa
- Nichelle McCall, speaker, tech entrepreneur, motivator